Evergreen Elder Law offers comprehensive and individualized estate planning services to meet unique circumstances. In evaluating your situation we will consider all of the specific needs of your particular family. Don’t wait to get your documents in place. Your children or loved ones could be left to pick up the pieces where you left off. Working with an experienced Tri Cities estate planning attorney helps to avoid unnecessary stress or confusion.
Why Do I Need an Estate Plan?
No one likes to think about the possibility of getting hurt, sick, or dying; much less plan for it. Most people avoid planning for such things altogether, which can have serious consequences. We can help you get your affairs in order so that you can rest easy knowing everything has been completed in advance of any emergency.
There are various types of estate planning such as:
- Last Will and Testament
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Revocable Living Trust
- Special Needs Trust
- Healthcare Directive
Estate Planning Offers Your Loved Ones a Clear Plan Of Your Intentions
Estate planning is often the first item to be removed from out “to do list.” Yet, it is easily one of the most important gifts we can leave our loved ones.
- When a loved one passes without proper estate planning, family members are often left in a confusing, expensive, and difficult situation.
- If you are the parent(s) of minor children, and do not have a proper estate plan and something happens to you, your children may be placed into foster care, and your family members could be facing a long and expensive court battle.
- At Evergreen Elder Law, we complete a personalized assessment of your estate and your needs. We work with you to customize a plan that addresses your particular family situation and your goals.
- With our experience we are able to plan for the unforeseeable.
- Trusts, Wills, Special Needs Trusts, Guardianships, and POA’s are just a few of the ways we are able to assist you and relieve any burden from your loved ones.
If you already have an estate plan and would like to have it reviewed by our attorneys, to ensure its “got you covered”, we welcome the opportunity to serve you at the highest level. Contact us today to book a free consultation with a Tri Cities estate planning attorney.
Frequently Asked Questions About Estate Planning in Kennewick, Pasco & Richland
What Shall I Include in my Estate Planning?
Evergreen Elder Law can help you determine if you need a Will, Revocable Living Trust, Power of Attorney, or Healthcare Directive. We ensure that your wishes are clearly defined even if you can’t verbalize decisions yourself. Don’t leave these important decisions to your family and friends.
Why Do I Need a Lawyer for Estate Planning?
The laws can be complex. Don’t risk making a mistake by doing it yourself. Evergreen Elder Law is here to guide you through the process, answer any questions, and plan for the future. If there are mistakes in your documents your friends and family could find themselves with a mess. One of our priorities is making sure you and your estate stay protected in times of incapacity or death.
What Does My Estate Consists of Of?
Your estate consists of all the assets that you own. This includes investment properties, real property, vehicles, jewelry, collectibles, bank accounts, securities, and retirement accounts. Let our estate planning attorneys help you ensure that all of your belongings are distributed according to your wishes.
How Many Kinds of Trusts Are There?
There are many types of trusts including testamentary, discretionary, irrevocable, and special needs trusts. Our team will help you choose the best option for you and your family.
Will You Help Me Decide Between a Trust or Will?
Evergreen Elder Law is here to answer any questions you may have when determining your estate planning. Depending on your needs we can make a recommendation on what plan will be the best for you.
Who Should I Choose for My Power of Attorney?
When you can no longer make decisions, it is critical for you to have a power of attorney to manage your finances and property. This is often a friend, family member or trusted advisor.
Why Should You Make Estate Planning Your Top Priority?
- You can expose yourself, your family, and your assets to the lengthy and costly probate process and otherwise avoidable death taxes. Minor children may not end up with the guardians you want.
- Without naming a legal guardian in your Estate Plan, friends and family could battle out custody in court. This can create unnecessary expenses and litigation for your estate and heirs.
- If you don’t plan for the possibility of incapacity, you will have no say in who makes medical and financial decisions for you. The court will be forced to appoint a guardian, not of your choosing. This process can be very expensive and time-consuming.
If you are located in Kennewick, Pasco, or Richland within the Tri Cities region, but can’t make it to our office, please contact us for a free virtual consultation.
Further Questions About Estate Planning In Eastern Washington?
We know estate planning can feel overwhelming or like it’s “not for you”. But estate planning is not only for the wealthy – we help people from all walks of life to ensure their assets and finances are properly managed after their death. We offer free consultations online, over the phone, or in our convenient office located in Tri Cities.
If you have more questions about estate planning but aren’t quite ready for a consultation, you can also choose to sign up for our free estate planning webinar. To learn more, please visit our ‘Free Webinar Recordings’ page.
Contact a Tri Cities Estate Planning Lawyer Today
Contact our experienced and knowledgeable staff to avoid serious mistakes. We can guide you each step of the way. Set up a free consultation so we can apply our expertise and get a comprehensive plan in place.