Evergreen Elder Law is seeking an experienced and detailed-oriented person to take on a full-time position as a Paralegal for our estate planning, probate, and long-term care practices.
We are looking for a paralegal who can help people understand the importance of estate planning and help people struggling to navigate the probate system. We need a skilled writer and proofreader who can organize your thoughts into writing and focus on the task at hand. We also need someone who understands how to communicate directly with clients and provide outstanding customer service.
We want to be known for helping clients come out of an extremely emotional process feeling as though they are a better person, in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are loyal to our staff and expect the same in return. We emphasize asset protection by avoiding estate taxes and we help prevent losing client’s estate to the high cost of long-term care. We are growing rapidly, and we need a Paralegal who can hit the ground running. Excellent work/home life balance.
Ranges $42,000 – $50,000+ DOE plus an amazing BONUS
The job entails:
- Preparing estate planning documents like wills, living wills, powers of attorney, deeds, and trusts
- Preparing probate and long-term care documents
- Assisting attorneys in long-term care and probate cases
- Talking with clients and potential clients to answer their questions and provide reassurance when needed
- Researching legal issues
- Working closely with clients with a positive and empathetic attitude
- Tracking income and asset spreadsheets and monthly statements
- Preparing correspondence to clients, opposing counsel, court personnel, and potential clients
- Managing client information and organizing client files
- Teamwork Mentality
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be the right person for the job:
- You think in terms of outlines, chronologies, and indexes
- You see an opportunity for an organization where other people see a mess
- You smile when you answer the phone<
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an impeccable scheduler with a huge degree of attention to detail
- You are very good with calendars, e-mail, spreadsheets, word processing, and the internet
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You do not think scanning and copying are “beneath you”
- You appreciate great team communication
- You have excellent time management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Elder Docs is a plus
- Knowledge of Clio is a plus
- Superb writing/editing skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Strong attention to detail in documents
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated professional and empathetic demeanor
- Prior experience as a paralegal required, estate planning and probate experience preferred, 3+years
- Paralegal certificate or degree preferred
- Multi-tasking with a smile
- Excellent client communication
This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work in the office for 40 hours per week. Competitive compensation is dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits package.
Upload your resume and cover letter in PDF format. We look forward to reviewing your application.
$42,000 – $50,000+ DOE+bonus
About Evergreen Elder Law, LLC
ur Firm is committed to helping seniors create comprehensive legal, financial, and physical security for themselves and their families. We have the knowledge, compassion, and professionalism to guide seniors in planning for the future, giving them peace of mind as they are faced with making important decisions for themselves and their loved ones now and in the future. In these uncertain times, we work in advocacy for our clients. We are growing. Come join our amazing team!
This is a full-time job, so you MUST be able to work *in the office* for 20-30 hours per week. The first 90 days of employment is a probationary period and you will be considered a temporary employee.
There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for outstanding performance and meeting established goals and milestones.